Temp Clerk 1 – McChord
Title: Temp Clerk 1
Department: Base Supply Center
Reports To: Store Manager
Location: JBLM McChord BSC
Hours: Part Time, Monday to Friday
Supports the operation of a Base Supply Center selling products used by the military to perform their duties. This is a Temporary Part Time position.
Product and Customer Duties
- Greets customers.
- Assists customers in locating product in the store.
- Directs customer to appropriate person for non-stock or complex requests.
- Box/Pack customer orders
- Assist customers in loading purchases in their vehicles or assist with delivery requirements as needed.
- Answer telephone and assist customer inquiries.
- When backordered items are in, process paperwork to include; pay-on-prepay, calling customer to pick up or arrange delivery as required.
- Check expiration, rotate stock according packaging to sell off oldest first.
- Re-stock shelves as freight is received. Shelves should be full and attract customers. Products should not be placed too tight so it’s difficult to remove products.
- Assures Shelf Tags are present, readable, good condition and accurate.
- Labels shelves with Shelf (Price) Tags. Uses sticker system to identify back stock or multiple facings.
- Identify and label AbilityOne products with shelf talkers.
- Manage products that are out-of-stock. Check inventory quantity. Check min/max. Flip shelf tags where products are sold out. Move neighboring products to cover empty shelves.
- Maintain product quality and standards of the store by constantly facing products, making sure older products are in front to get sold and any carton/product damage should be fixed or reported for disposition.
- Maintains professional appearance. Represents LH and AbilityOne in a positive manner.
- HS Diploma
- No prior work history required – this is an entry level position.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (box of copy paper) using safe lifting techniques throughout shift. Constantly, picking master cartons off floor, onto carts, then unpacking to stock shelves. Working on concrete floors that may be uneven. Standing, stooping, bending, stretching throughout shift. Physical demands are high throughout shift.
- Must be able to safely use warehouse equipment, climb ladders and load and unload delivery vehicles.
- Temperature fluctuates and is hard to regulate in extreme hot and cold months.
- Ability to use a computer/keyboarding
- Working knowledge of Zoom Text
- Must be good with numbers.
- Aptitude to perform basic math functions manually and with a calculator.
- Must be able to use office business machines and equipment (phones, fax, copier, paging system)
- Should be able to communicate in a pleasant, polite, and professional manner with both customers and co-workers. Should be able to answer routine customer questions and direct them to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
To prepare for promotions and growth, learning best practices, becoming proficient in job duties, communicating well with your supervisor and demonstrating excellent dependability will make you promotable either within your store or other BSC locations.
- We represent The Lighthouse for the Blind, the AbilityOne Program, NIB and all other non-profit agencies devoted to blind and low-vision missions.
- Keep your customers happy always. Guide them.
- Customers must be satisfied. Must patiently listen, listen, listen. Customers should be treated with respect at all times. Take time to talk with customers, new products, how cool something is, etc.
- Commitment to LH mission.
- Desire to participate/engage in community – volunteer work, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
TTY: (206) 324-1388
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: www.seattlelighthouse.org