Supported Employee Program (SEI) Supervisor
Title: Supported Employee Program (SEI) Supervisor
Dept.: Employee and Community Services
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Senior Director of Employee and Community Services
Hours: Full-time, M-F, Day-shift
The purpose of this position is to support and manage the Supported Employment Program at the Seattle Lighthouse. This program exists to provide appropriate job related supports to employees who have a developmental disability in addition to blindness, to ensure success on the job.
- Coordinate, plan and deliver all aspects of the Supported Employment Program.
- Responsible to successfully integrate the SE Program in Production areas and ensure successful employment of supported employees throughout all work areas.
- Show ability to train and coach new supported staff in the duties and requirements of a Job Coach
- Provide supervision for Job Coaches. Provide day to day support and guidance as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the DDA contract requirements, and serve as liaison with County staff, residential agencies, and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to assess job skills, identify training needs, create training plans with goals, and measure skill development.
- Create and maintain cooperative working relationships with those in other departments, including production supervisors in order to successfully create job opportunities
- Develop annual budget and work plans
- Work with Communications Department to ensure funding and marketing of program by hosting small and large tour groups, representing the Lighthouse at community and governmental events as needed
- Coordinate with Lighthouse staff, county and state agencies to determine appropriate candidates for supported employment.
- Maintain necessary records to document services provided, prepare monthly reports, program statistics and billing.
- Stay current with existing and emerging technologies, trends, and legislation by participating in classes, meetings, and other continuing education opportunities
- Market our programs and services with other agencies and the community. Represent the Lighthouse and our programs in a professional manner at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of PC applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to manage programs, set goals and standards, meet compliance standards, implement processes and procedures to achieve measurable program outcomes.
- Ability to take initiative, function autonomously, and be dependable.
- Understanding of issues regarding seating, positioning and ergonomics.
- Ability to create and maintain excellent relationships with DDA/DSHS staff, as well as group home staff and parents
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Creativity & flexibility; ability to change approach as needed
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively and enthusiastically about the Supported Employment program including management/staff and external customers.
- Demonstrated skills to plan, organize, develop employees and monitor program and individual progress.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to work as a team member.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Social Services, Rehabilitation or related fields.
- Three or more years minimum experience providing job development services in a vocational setting for people with disabilities, preferably people who have a developmental disability.
- Demonstrated skills, flexibility and sensitivity in training and supporting developmentally disabled, blind, Deaf and Deaf-Blind adults as well as sighted-hearing and sighted-Deaf staff.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including writing skills needed to produce professional reports, letters and documentation.
- Mature judgment and sensitivity in interpersonal relations and among diverse groups
- Minimum 2 years previous supervisory experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to:
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244