Sr. Financial Analyst
click here for a printable version
Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Controller
Hours: Full Time M/F
Performs complex accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting research. Conducts financial and operational analytical studies; prepares and assists in the preparation of financial reports.
- Maintains chart of accounts and assigns codes in accordance with company requirements. Prepares and reviews year-end closing process and works as acting chief liaison with external auditors/tax preparers.
- Coordinates the development of annual and ad hoc budgets. Assist budget owners in preparation. Load and maintain budget information in ERP system. Monitor budgets against actual throughout the year.
- Communicate with Controller and CFO regarding financial matters; provide information and technical support in the development and/or revision of policies and regulations; train, coordinate, and/or reviews the work of staff as needed. May provide support of financial expertise to other departments as needed.
- Prepare and design complex financial reports for internal reporting and for oversight committees. Plan and monitor timelines to meet strict deadlines in reporting requirements.
- Research and analyze financial data for internal and external reporting. Create, organize, and maintain files using database and spreadsheet programs; retrieve and organize data into required reporting formats; collect, retrieve and organize data to identify financial discrepancies and resolve inquiries; recommend solutions ensuring that corrections or changes are implemented properly.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to monitoring of investment performance and working as a payroll processing back-up
- Bachelors degree in accounting/finance required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with Tier 1 or 2 ERP system.
- Minimum five years of progressive experience as an accountant (Staff, Senior, Financial Analyst or equivalent)
- Knowledge of GAAP and proven ability to research, apply and document this knowledge where applicable
- CPA preferred
- Ability to work successfully and effectively in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to explain complex financial issues and summarize the information in a clear and easily understood manner both verbally and in writing
- Exposure to manufacturing and cost accounting is considered a plus
- Must be flexible and able to meet deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388