Social Media and Marketing Intern
This is a great opportunity for a well-organized, articulate person with strong writing skills and an interest in communications and technology to work for a local nonprofit organization. Primary responsibilities include optimization of social media tools and management of the Lighthouse’s Google AdWords campaign.
- Helping to expand the Lighthouse’s online presence to enhance marking efforts and help to define and implement strategies for fundraising opportunities online
- Monitoring, drafting content, and updating all social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Tracking statistics to measure efficacy and response to social media outlets, online solicitations, online campaigns, and online advertisements
- Composing templated email designs for use in electronic communications with donors and stakeholders
- Proofreading and editing of internal newsletter and other Lighthouse documents
- Experience working with social media/marketing
- Experience and enthusiasm navigating social networking platforms
- Strong writing skills
- Highly organized, high level of attention to detail
- Familiarity with or interest in the nonprofit community and the Lighthouse’s mission
This position is unpaid, part-time with approximately 10-20 hours a weekly. Flexible schedule with the option to work remotely if desired.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Development Director Kirk Lauglin at email@example.com, or send a copy to:
c/o Kirk Laughlin
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, WA 98122
Please call (206) 436-2253 with any questions or inquiries.