Sign Language Interpreter
Title: Sign Language Interpreter
Location: Seattle, Washington
Dept.: Employee and Community Services
Reports to: Deaf-Blind Program Director
Hours: Full Time/M/F, Days
Interpret using sign language and English for a variety of situations involving a diverse group of individuals in various settings.
- Interpret in a variety of settings including manufacturing (machine shop, production), professional (general office, IT, legislative) and others
- Interpret for a variety of situations including meetings (departmental, supervisory, committee, legislative, etc.), trainings, evaluations, classes, phone calls, written material etc.
- Interpret for a variety of individuals using a wide variety of communication modes/styles. See Requirements below for more detail.
- Participate in interpreting team functions which may include debriefing, problem solving, assistance with planning, interpreter scheduling activities, etc.
- Assist the DB Program Director and other ISD staff with daily office functions – reporting, statistics, budget process, scheduling, etc.
- Foster cooperative relationships with those who use interpreters and with other interpreters, both in and out of the LH. Customer service is a key function of this position.
- Keep apprised of developments in the field; maintain involvement in the interpreting and Deaf-Blind communities.
- Embrace commitment to continued learning and skill development, including requirements to maintain certification credentials if relevant.
- Assist with practicum students and mentor situations.
- Participate in the annual Deaf-Blind retreat, Deaf-Blind Community Class, program staff meetings and other departmental functions as required (includes some evenings and weekends).
- Provide additional supports to the Interpreting Services Department, the Deaf-Blind Program and the overall Employee and Community Services as needed. Participate in department and company functions as assigned.
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience interpreting with a strong ASL emphasis
- Experience, flexibility and comfort interpreting for Deaf-Blind individuals using visual or tactile communication.
- Experience, flexibility and comfort interpreting for Deaf-Blind or Deaf individuals who use ASL, TASL, English-like sign, or who have limited formal language and communicate using gestures, drawing or other means.
- Physically capable of using tactile sign language on a regular basis
- Relevant BA/BS degree preferred
- Graduate from Interpreter Training Program (AA Degree) or equivalent educational background
- Membership in good standing with RID. Membership in state RID chapter preferred
- RID Certification preferred, or on track to receive certification
- Awareness of and adherence to the RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Proven willingness and initiative to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple dynamic projects
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to remain calm and think under pressure
- Ability to accept supervision and incorporate feedback
- Strong record of reliability and timeliness.
- Ability to set and accomplish goals and complete projects within required time frame.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer skills preferred. Familiarity with PC based programs and software including MS Office Suite, Outlook Exchange. Experience with Excel highly preferred.
This position is advertised at 30 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
Fax: (206) 436-2244