Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Hours: Full Time, M/F, Day Shift
The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical evaluation stage of the sales process, in which the customer requirements are evaluated against our core capabilities and capacity. Serves as the key technical advisor regarding our products and services. Working with LH marketing, sales & operations staff, the Sales Engineer will articulate and market our technical capabilities and products and support product positioning to the key customers particularly through the AbilityOne Program. Identifies all related issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Identify, pursue, and capture new business in military, government, aerospace, and other commercial markets by identifying product development opportunities that align with our core operations competencies.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment, material, tooling, labor, and other needs and to determine manufacturing requirements.
- Collaborate with sales staff to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of products and services, and to provide sales support.
- Coordinate with other departments such as Communications/Marketing, Contracting, Manufacturing, and Warehouse to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales process and through product delivery.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Sell products and services requiring extensive expertise in manufacturing, injection molding, assembly, aerospace, AbilityOne Program, and our customer base.
- Participate in identifying and resolving manufacturing and customer satisfaction issues. Collaborate in lean activities to improve product margins and processes.
- Recommend improved capital equipment, tools, supplies, materials or processes, and document how such changes will improve quality, lower costs or increase production.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to customers or LH staff regarding the manufacture of products.
- 5 to 10 years of sales experience in the military, government, aerospace, and commercial industries in a business development capacity.
- Knowledge of the AbilityOne Program and National Industries for the Blind (NIB) and its associated agencies is required.
- Experience working at an agency-level in organizations employing people with disabilities is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with people who are blind, Deaf-Blind, or blind with other disabilities is strongly preferred. American Sign Language is a plus.
- Experience in multi-axis sheet metal machining, injection molding, assembly, and experience in composites.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to practically apply engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques
- Must be self-motivated with a demonstrated track record of successful sales performance.
- Must be a strategic thinker and be able to formulate and implement strategies and plans.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and success in new business development.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong business relationships.
- Must have a strong familiarity with contracting.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Aeronautical, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, or related bachelor’s degree required.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: www.seattlelighthouse.org