Title: Quality Technician
Location: Seattle, Washington
Dept.: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Director of Quality Assurance
Hours: Full Time M/F
To perform various inspections determining the acceptability of manufactured parts to ensure a quality product.
- Inspects and determines acceptability of Government, Military and Aerospace products, other parts and sub-assemblies as required.
- Performs receiving, first part, in-process, first article and final inspections.
- Understands customer requirements and assures compliance to standards.
- Audits procedures for adherence to standards.
- Provides leadership and training in quality improvement and manufacturing processes.
- Maintains required documentation to assure process control.
- Assists Set-Up Specialists and others in corrective action on non-conforming parts or process controls to assure conformance on future jobs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or better with shop math required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years inspection experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of inspection devices and tools required.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and teamwork; ability to work according to timelines and customer specifications required.
- Advanced inspection courses (college level) preferred.
- Aerospace inspection experience preferred.
- Experience in total quality/team-oriented manufacturing environment and ability to support working relationships between inspection and manufacturing departments required.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: http://seattlelighthouse.org/jobs/how-to-apply/