Product and Services Development Manager
Click here for a printable version.
Title: Product and Services Development Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Director of Product Development
Hours: Full Time M/F
Provides engineering, technical, support to ensure that products under development can use manufacturing operations that are performed safely and efficiently using appropriate equipment, tooling, processes and procedures. Increase Blind employment through identification and development of products and services.
- Assists General Manager of Operations and the Director of Product Development in the identification and development of products and services for addition to Ability One program. To include research, business case analysis and necessary forms to NIB to add products and services to” Presidents List For Purchase”
- Work closely with the manufacturing support staff to gain a full understanding of the Lighthouse’s core competencies and processes.
- Work with purchasing to develop suppliers on new projects. To be able to do cost analysis on projects under development.
- Work with the Director of Product Development to maintain the documentation for the Business Management System (BMS). This includes the Development Process as well as outputs to supporting work areas as well as records of activities.
- Work with Quality Department to develop Quality Pans for new products and service.
- Assists Director of Product Development in identifying, evaluating, justifying and makes recommendations on the purchase of new equipment or modification or existing equipment, to better meet Lighthouse for the Blind (LFB) needs and requirements.
- Keeps current on new machining/manufacturing technologies, processes, equipment and related software in order to recommend appropriate updates to LFB capabilities and processes to improve efficiency and use of adaptive technology.
- Develops and evaluates innovative approaches using current and new technology to better adapt equipment and processes to the capabilities of LFB blind and deaf-blind employees.
- Maintains and develop contacts with equipment and tooling suppliers.
- Other duties as required.
- Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or 5-7 years equivalent experience required.
- Ability to take on an expanding role in the Operations Department
- Knowledge of the Ability One program and the procurement list addition process
- Good understanding and working knowledge of a wide range of Manufacturing processes and methods.
- Strong computer skills with effective working knowledge of commonly used PC software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate general and technical information/concepts to others clearly and effectively. Ability to prepare effective internal and external written correspondence required.
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills with ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and diverse people in various positions at LFB required.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively in a work environment requiring flexibility and adaptability required.
- Proven problem solving ability in identifying sources of problems related to manufacturing processes and develop effective solutions required.
- Ability to work well with little supervision and demonstrate the ability to initiate, coordinate and carry out activities.
- Ability to work independently required.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388