Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Sr. Planner/Estimator
Hours: Full Time M/F
Provides engineering, technical and operational support to ensure manufacturing operations are performed safely and efficiently. Generates plans for the safe, efficient manufacture of aerospace / government parts and assemblies. Provides customer service and contract/order administration support for aerospace / government part orders. Monitors status and scheduling of aerospace / government orders internally including purchasing, production and outside processing. Supports Lighthouse Business (Quality) Management System.
- Interprets customer drawings, tooling, material/components lists, specifications, other engineering data and order requirements, to develop routings (planning) and work orders to produce parts/assemblies.
- Understands and supports Quality Management System Procedures as related to planning, including requirements for Engineering Document and Data Control, configuration management and related quality processes.
- Understands part specifications and drawings to determine the most efficient production processes.
- Uses customer portals as a tool to gain specifications and drawings
- Coordinates closely with other Engineering staff, Production Staff and Quality Staff in developing planning for parts and in modifying planning for parts.
- Review of customer purchase order, quality requirements, specifications, & drawings.
- Reviews, customer drawings and necessary specifications to prepare BOM’S and plans for manufacturing.
- Creation bill of material documents and maintains manufacturing bills-of-material (BOM’s).
- Creation of manufacturing routing from issue of raw material through manufacturing operations, outside processing (heat treat & paint) to final inspection
- Creates detailed instruction for rework planning, if/as required.
- Updates master routing documentation related to customer drawing and specification changes.
- Creates and maintains all customer supplied and non-supplied part numbers within database.
- Maintain job plan revision control as necessary to produce parts that meet latest customer drawings and requirements
- Insures all customers submitted production changes are documented and the work plans are updated.
- Facilitates problem solving, blueprint reading, specification interpretation, etc. with shop.
- Monitors processes and activities for new parts/new customers.
- Makes suggestions to improve and maintain processes and systems
- Knowledgeable and understands BOM’s, composite material, and raw materials.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Full understanding of manufacturing functions and processes including quality requirements required
- High School diploma required
- Two (2) years vocational training or AA degree required or seven (7) direct years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend all aspects of engineering data and correctly interpret requirements required
- Proven ability to use computer as a tool
- Excellent and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization required
- Excellent problems solving skills required
- Ability to work with all levels, internal departments, and external elements such as customers, suppliers, etc. required
- Proven consistency to perform all duties to a high level of quality with accuracy and attention to detail required
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures in computer Word and Excel
- Basic ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications of technical information
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388