Network Engineer Manager
click here for a printable copy.
Title: Network Engineer Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Dept.: Information Technology
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
Hours: Full Time M/F
The purpose of this position is to manage the Network Operations Department. This department consists of Network Engineer, Helpdesk Administrator/PC Support, and PC Support Technician at Inland Northwest Lighthouse.
- Manage the Network Operations Department
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipments and related services. Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
- Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
- Windows and Linux systems, business applications, anti-virus protection, email, and authentication administration
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Maintain phone system internally and across the WAN via P2P or MPLS
- Assist in Helpdesk calls and PC support as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a Windows Server 2000/2003 environment:.
- Cisco Firewalls
- Cisco network switche
- Cisco routers
- Cisco VPN
- Wireless Access Points
- Dell server platforms
- Windows Server 2003/2008 Active Directory
- Symantec Back-Up Exec software and related backup tape drive
- Ability to support Telephony system across WAN (MPLS vs. P2P) required, Knowledge of Inter-Tel System strongly preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Ability to install and maintain firewall configuration to protect financial data
- Ability to encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Ability to track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Ability to regularly test security systems and processes
- Ability to maintain a policy that addresses information security
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of PC workstations, servers, network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment
- Familiarity with Point of Sale Systems preferred
- Familiarity with EnterpriseOne and/or JDE and iSeries system preferred
- Experience with basic Configurable Network Computing (CNC) concepts including Package Builds and User Securities & Regular Maintenance.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably network engineering related)
- At least five years of Network management experience including ability to manage a department and integrate all networks to meet business goals. Experience in a manufacturing and EDI environment preferred.
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
- Current CCNA or CCNP strongly preferred
- Current MCSE strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Manufacturing/Retail/Service Industries preferred
- Experience with working with blind people is preferred
- Strong leadership and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388