Lean Six Sigma Manager
Title: Lean Six Sigma Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Dept.: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Sr. Director of Quality and Sustainability
Hours: Full Time, M/F, Days
The Lean Six Sigma Manager will be responsible for developing a Lean strategy and drive the development of area deployment strategies to support the accomplishment of performance expectations.
- Ensures alignment of planned lean activity with performance expectations.
- Drives the lean culture organizationally wide by teaching lean tools and mentoring lean initiatives.
- Supports and coach employees to run lean events in their areas of responsibility.
- Support the development of lean leaders to broaden the skills base to implement lean improvements.
- Facilitates lean events as the subject matter expert and ensures adherence to lean principles and lean tool deployment.
- Works cooperatively with staff throughout the enterprise to share best practices and implement an aligned approach to lean processes and activities at all locations.
- As a member of the management staff, this position is required to provide input and support to the accomplishment of operational objectives driven from the business strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering in a Lean production environment, preferably in aerospace, government supply or manufacture of military specific items.
- 3+ years as a Manager, leading an area through Lean transformation
- Strong hands-on leadership in Lean manufacturing, and project management, with demonstrated achievement in establishing Lean Systems in a multisite manufacturing environment.
- Fluency in Lean manufacturing tools, concepts, methodology such as Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Flow etc.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse social enterprise organization is required
- Knowledge of Measurement Systems Analysis and SPC Lean/Six Sigma required.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
TTY: (206) 324-1388
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: www.seattlelighthouse.org