click here for a printable version
Title: Job Coach
Location: Seattle, Washington
Dept.: Employee & Community Services
Reports to: Supported Employment Program Supervisor/Coordinator
Hours: Full Time M/F
This position provides vocational training, supervision, and support to employees with developmental disabilities who are also blind, Deaf/Blind, and blind with other disabilities in various departments to enhance employability and employee development as well as facilitate employee integration within the Lighthouse.
This position requires incumbents to positively and actively represent and promote the Supported Employment Program both within and outside of the Lighthouse.
- Teach job skills to supported employees
- Maintain files, provide documentation, data collection, reports, and summaries as needed; support the payroll process
- Support independence with Independent Living skills such as personal hygiene (e.g. hand washing and occasional toileting issues, etc.) as necessary for job success.
- Generate ideas for jigs and necessary adaptations to job to increase independence, productivity, and job repertoire.
- Support job creation in all appropriate areas of the Lighthouse by communicating with managers, supervisors, and leads to identify and learn jobs.
- Act as Advocate for assigned employees to ensure the employee’s vocational needs, desires, and goals are known, addressed, and accomplished.
- Perform set-up duties including: quality check read work orders, set-up and clean up of machines and work stations, material handling, ensure smooth work flow.
- Support, implement report on, and follow up on Positive Behavior Support and Behavior Intervention Plans and programming.
- Work closely with Production department staff and employees to develop positive, consistent relationships and communication to ensure opportunities and inclusion in natural supports for employees.
- Actively participate in staff trainings and meetings by attending regularly, sharing information, contributing ideas, facilitating and actively listening.
- Ensure safe working environment for employees at all times.
- BA in Special Education, Rehabilitation or related field
- One or more years experience working with adults who have a developmental disability in a vocational setting
- Demonstrated skills, flexibility and sensitivity in training developmentally disabled, blind or Deaf-Blind adults
- Demonstrated ability to work as a “Team Member”
- ASL level 6 and Braille (preferred)
- Employment offer is contingent upon results of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388