First Part Check
Title: First Part Check
Location: Seattle, Washington
Dept.: Machine Shop
Reports to: Machine Shop Supervisor
Hours: Full Time, M/F (2nd Shift)
To perform various inspections determining the acceptability of manufactured parts to ensure a quality product.
- Inspects and determines acceptability of aerospace products, other parts and sub-assemblies as required.
- Performs first part, in-process inspections.
- Understands customer requirements and assures compliance to standards.
- Audits procedures for adherence to standards.
- Provides leadership and training in quality improvement and manufacturing processes.
- Maintains required documentation to assure process control.
- Assists in corrective action on non-conforming parts or process controls to assure conformance on future jobs.
- Follows procedures for product inspection, documentation and approval
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- High school degree or better with shop math required
- (1) year aerospace manufacturing experience required.
- Knowledge of inspection devices and tools required such as micrometers, bore gages, height gages, and calipers
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and teamwork; ability to work according to timeline and customer specifications required
- Experience working in a quality/team-oriented manufacturing environment and ability to support working relationships between inspection and manufacturing departments required.
- Ideal candidate is someone with strong mechanical inspector experience as opposed to strictly as a receiving inspector.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: www.seattlelighthouse.org