Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Aerospace Division Manager
Hours: Full-time, M-F, Day-shift
Posting Date: April 28, 2014 – May 28, 2014
Generates cost estimates for submission of bids for aerospace / government parts and assemblies. As time permits, assist in the development of manufacturing plans. Supports Lighthouse Business (Quality) Management System.
- Develops cost estimates and price quotations for current and prospective customers for aerospace / government parts and assemblies, and/or other parts to be produced in aerospace production area. Coordinates quoting activity with Aerospace Division Manager. Supports business development through the quoting process. Prepares price quotations.
- Interprets customer drawings, tooling, material/components lists, specifications, engineering data, and order requirements to estimate production run times to produce parts/assemblies.
- Understands part specifications and drawings to determine the most efficient production processes.
- Familiarity with different grades of materials (Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Titanium)
- Understands and supports Quality Management System Procedures as related to estimating, including related quality processes.
- Ability to understand and comprehend an OEM multilevel specification system.
- Coordinates closely with other Engineering staff, Aerospace Division Manager, and Quality Staff in developing estimates for parts.
- Coordinates with Purchasing for source identification and price quotations for aerospace / government materials, components and/or outside processing needed to develop cost estimates/price quotations.
- As needed, directly identifies sources for aerospace / government materials/components/outside processing needed for cost estimates and obtains necessary price quotations.
- Works directly with customers to understand their requirements and to resolve issues and/or obtain additional information needed regarding requests for quotation.
- Maintain all job related documentation as well as written and verbal communications.
- Makes assessments of Lighthouse capability to provide part/assembly. Makes assessments regarding “make or buy” for assembly components/parts. Coordinates these activities with Aerospace Division Manager.
- As time permits, generate manufacturing plans for details and assemblies that best utilize our existing capabilities, keeping in mind the safe and efficient use of resources.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Full understanding of sheet metal fabrication and 4-axis CNC machining processes, including quality requirements required.
- High School diploma required
- Two (2) years vocational training or direct manufacturing experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in estimating aerospace parts and assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend all aspect of engineering data and correctly interpret requirements required.
- Proven ability to use computer as a tool. Familiarity with common software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work well with all levels, internal departments, and external elements such as customers, suppliers etc. required.
- Proven consistency to perform all duties to high level of quality with accuracy and attention to detail required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to:
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244