eExpress Assistant Manager
Title: eExpress Assistant Manager
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Dept.: Base Supply Center
Reports to: Base Supply Center Store Manager
Hours: Full Time/M/F, Days
Posting: March 17 – April 18
Supervise the daily operations of web fulfillment operations to meet the ongoing supply needs of customers. Assists in ensuring that customer requirements including timely and accurate deliveries are met. Provides daily direction to personnel to ensure the efficient operations. Participates with manager to plan, organize, develop and monitor the daily activities of the operation. Provides training, skill development and feedback to employees. Supports the Lighthouse mission. Performs job duties in compliance with the Lighthouse, military, federal and state guidelines and the AbilityOne Program.
- Supervises the daily operation and warehouse activities in support of web fulfillment for customers placing web orders located on JBLM, Camp Murray, and Madigan Hospital as well as customers within the approved 50-mile radius. These operations may include monitoring orders, scheduling routes, arranging drop or direct vendor to customer shipments.
- Reports month-end results as required.
- Keeps management informed regarding employee performance, staffing/operational issues, customer concerns, etc.
- Maintain excellent customer relations to enhance both sales and LHB image.
- Monitors workplace to ensure it remains safe, clean, organized and that orders are effectively located with their status clearly identified.
- Maintains awareness of products, their intended use and knowledge of the manufacturer. Actively promotes JWOD items with customers.
- Supervises and performs receiving, sorting, shipping, delivery, route assignment, customer service, substitutes products, customer order maintenance, short buys with distributor or other sources, secures payment, approves invoices and performs some accounting duties.
- Assists in evaluating individual employee performance, giving feedback, and assists in preparing written performance appraisals based on requirements.
- Performs quality audits and uses the results to improve processes, identify training issues or streamline efficiencies.
- Assures that procedures are consistently followed.
- Demonstrates commitment to LHB mission.
- Must assure procedures operate within the contractual agreement between LHB and military installment.
- Attends meetings, conferences, in-service training and other functions as required.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings keeping staff aware of policies and procedures.
- Assess employee skills and provide appropriate training, skill development or task instruction as required, Provide employees’ daily feedback regarding performance. Handle required disciplinary/corrective action swiftly and appropriately. Document all incidents for employee personnel record.
- Opens warehouse as scheduled, locks and secures building at close of business. Limits general access to merchandise at all times.
- Ensure facility is safe, well-organized and efficient customer service oriented operation. Responsible for housekeeping and maintenance of building and all delivery vehicles. May order supplies or services to maintain operations.
- Implements standard procedures to oversee all aspects of operation. Audits for adherence regularly. Develops and/or refines procedures as necessary to continuously improve methods.
- Schedule customer deliveries. Measure delivery performance. Track mileage and vehicle/delivery expense.
- Schedule routine vehicle maintenance as well as other needed repairs.
- Report any accidents or mishaps that cause even minor damage to products or equipment as well as any breakdowns or concerns that may need repair.
- Operates company owned equipment and vehicles safely, taking care to keep them in good condition. Follows all company policies (i.e. smoking in company owned vehicle/property, cell phone use, etc.)
- Inspects company owned vehicles each week and records inspection results on Vehicle Inspection Sheet.
- Promote a clean, organized and safe workplace for all employees.
- Must be resourceful in handling everyday emergencies, willing to take on unforeseen/unplanned problems that will require excellent common sense/judgment when independent decision-making and problem solving must be made.
- Duties often require work under pressure and may entail longer work hours, including after normal business hours and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AA degree minimum.
- One (1) to three (3) years in supervisory role in retail, wholesale, or supply operation – preferably in sales, warehouse distribution/fulfillment.
- This position requires a driver’s license and must be insurable (duties include backing up delivery drivers and responsibility to have vehicles maintained).
- Proven ability to deal pleasantly and courteously with management, customers and co-workers – by telephone, written correspondence and in person.
- Desire to work in a high “trust” environment with the ability to gain and hold others trust.
- General office experience or training with knowledge of office equipment and machines, including MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to motivate, coach and train staff for continuous improvement.
- Proven experience in sales, purchasing, warehouse operations or merchandising preferred.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing military installations required.
- Knowledge of JWOD Act, LHB, state and federal regulations required.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be able to lift 25-35lbs regularly throughout the shift. Must be able to lift 50LBs periodically (case of copy paper). Must be able to stand, stoop, and lift most of the shift. Temperatures often vary from too hot to too cold.
- Commitment to LHB mission.
- Tireless concern for housekeeping, organization, and safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
or send via mail to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
Fax: (206) 436-2244
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: www.seattlelighthouse.org