Donor Relations Manager
Title: Donor Relations Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports To: Director of Institutional Relations
Hours: 40 hours per week. (Some evening, weekend hours required)
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and engaging board members and executive staff in developing deeper relationships with individual major donors and prospects (individuals with the potential to generate gifts at or above $1,000 annually) and significantly growing financial support from these donors over time.
Primarily Job Duties:
- Creating and implementing an annual major gifts plan that maximizes financial support from individual major donors. Gauging progress toward goals with monthly and annual reporting.
- Leading the Foundation Board and executive staff to execute strategies for major donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation. Providing briefing materials, talking points, and other support.
- Managing a portfolio of 200+ individuals to strategically and sustainably increase their support. Personally soliciting and stewarding key donors.
- Ensuring consistent and meaningful communications with major donors and prospects including program updates, customized email communications, and funding proposals and reports.
- Scheduling, managing, and attending Foundation Board meetings. Identify appropriate individuals for potential Board membership.
- Educating major donors on planned giving opportunities including bequests and charitable gift annuities.
- Ensuring effective management of major donor records in Salesforce.
- Working with Events Manager and Board members to engage existing major donors in key events and introduce new potential donors through events.
- Skillfully representing the organization to various constituencies.
- Assisting with tours for major donors, board members, donor prospects, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years experience in managing fundraising programs, with at least two years of experience in major gift fundraising.
- Proven track record of developing and sustaining successful relationships with major donors. Proven success in personally soliciting gifts of $5,000 or more from individuals.
- Experience working directly with board members and inspiring their participation in fundraising activities.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to deliver inspiring and succinct presentations and conduct productive meetings. A high level of comfort with direct donor interaction is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage short term and long term plans and goals.
- Solid understanding of development principles, protocols and best practices, including those related to planned giving.
- Strong professional writing and editing skills.
- Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications; including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with fundraising software.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required: English, Communications, or Marketing major preferred.
- Flexibility to work in an organization with a small staff and a large group of actively involved board members.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male / Female / Persons with Disabilities / VEVRAA
Please send resume to:
Kevin Daniel, Sr. Director of Strategic Recruiting
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244