Title: Development Assistant
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports To: Director of Institutional Relations
Hours: 40 hours per week. (Some evening, weekend hours required)
Primary responsibilities include providing administrative support and all database administration to The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.’s Development team, Communications Department, providing recognition support, supporting the Seattle Lighthouse for the Blind Foundation Board members and committee members, providing support for all events and public tours, and enhancing Lighthouse events.
- Serve as administrative and project support for Director of Institutional Relations and Development Team.
- As needed, providing administrative and project support for INL Development & Public Relations Director, Annual Fund and Events Coordinator, and others within the department.
- Process and enter gifts daily in donor relations database (Raiser’s Edge/Salesforce) and manage all donor information meticulously.
- Perform other data entry as needed
- Prepare department meeting notes and action items
- Serve as Salesforce Database administrator. Run donor reports, mailing lists, and capture other data from donor relations database.
- Support and assist Annual Fund and Events Coordinator of multiple annual fundraising events (Luncheon, major gift events, donor cultivation events, and others) as needed, including supporting department members with event logistics, event set-up, event break-down and clean-up, producing thank you letters, etc.
- Support major gifts and foundation board activities. Provide a weekly list of major donations made to President/CEO. Provide administrative support for foundation board meetings.
- Research and compile information on donor prospects.
- Update and maintain donor information and relationships daily in donor database.
- Assist with mailing projects and assembly of outreach materials (packets for donors and prospects, quarterly newsletter, sales materials, etc).
- Order office supplies and maintain organized inventory of collateral and printed materials.
- Manage School Tour Program. Coordinate registration for School Tour program; lead School Tours and coordinate volunteer School Tour leads
- Support Director of Institutional Relations and other department members in committee meetings including: meeting set up, providing information for board members and volunteers, placing reminder phone calls, performing administrative support during meetings, clean up, etc.
- Assisting with editing, assembly and distribution of Board and committee meeting materials
- Coordinate participation at corporate fundraising events and tabling events
- Develop and manage speakers bureau
- Editing, proofreading and providing general support for the Development department, as needed
- Assisting with weekly tours for general visitors, donor prospects, etc.
- Coordinating department administrative work with other administrative leads within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Salesforce or other donor database required
- Basic administrative skills: PC, Microsoft Office fluent
- Professional and friendly demeanor, capable of working with outside volunteers, board members and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with social media/marketing
- Highly organized, high level of attention to detail
- Familiarity with or interest in the nonprofit community and the Lighthouse’s mission
- Hard working, dependable, organized with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- BA or AA in Communication or related field desired.
- BA degree or related training in non-profit management desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male / Female / Persons with Disabilities / VEVRAA
Please send resume to:
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244