Click here for a printable version.
Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Controller
Hours: Full Time M/F
The Cost Accountant reports to and works closely with the Senior Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant is responsible for maintaining accuracy of inventory and cost of sales. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of product costs, monthly reconciliation of inventory accounts, and determination of the root cause of manufacturing variances. Responsible for accumulating, filtering, analyzing and summarizing inventory data for Senior Cost Accountant review.
- Update standard costs for manufactured and purchased items.
- Reconcile Inventory & WIP accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries for inventory and COGS on a monthly basis.
- Review, investigate, and report root cause of manufacturing variances in a timely manner and propose solutions.
- Review and analyze COGS schedules by product line on a timely basis.
- Report financial metrics relating to manufacturing.
- Recommend cost reduction activities across product lines to help improve margin.
- Develop sound understanding of how business decisions will impact cost of sales and inventory levels.
- Other special projects and reports as requested.
- Finance liaison during annual physical inventory
- Provide back-up for Senior Cost Accountant and General Accountant as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 3 years recent experience as a Cost, Senior or Staff Accountant in a manufacturing concern
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (emphasis on Pivots, data extraction/analysis functions, comfortable designing macros and maintaining existing VB code as needed)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Note Pad, etc.)
- ERP system experience – exposure to cost modules with a general understanding of underlying table structures and their relationships
- Detail oriented with analytical approach to problem solving.
- Experience with writing queries and understanding database tables.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven self starter that can work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Position may periodically require extended hours to meet a cutoff or deadline.
- Limited travel to satellite locations during physical inventory/special projects
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388