Contract Close-Out Specialist
Title: Contract Close-Out Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Contract Close-Out Supervisor
Hours: Full Time, M/F, Days
Work within a team of blind and low vision personnel with a mission of creating and enhancing opportunities for independence and self-sufficiency of people who are blind, Deaf-Blind, and blind with other disabilities. Participates in daily operation of Contract Management Services (CMS). Performs day-to-day operations in CMS team of legally blind employees preparing government contracts for close-out in San Diego, CA.
- Will complete contract close out process as required by standard operating procedures and directed by site supervisor.
- Maintain 100% accountability of folder/documents throughout the close out process.
- Responsible for contacting agencies to acquire written payment history through electronic or verbal means.
- Responsible for contacting manufacturers or contractors to acquire written delivery history through electronic or verbal means.
- Determine if obligated funds match required payment or if there is an opportunity to de-obligate funds or a need to obligate additional funds with supervisor review.
- Provide completed folder for close-out review by contract closeout supervisor.
- Prepare closeout documents for contracting officer review and approval as required by standard operating procedures.
- Complete daily and weekly reports to track metrics throughout the close-out procedure.
- Provide customer service required contracting officers concerning folders presented for close-out.
- Upon closure of contract, redistribute folder for temporary storage awaiting destruction.
- Assist in improving existing standard operating procedures to improve productivity.
- Must be legally blind and a US citizen
- Must be able to apply for and pass advanced security clearances for the government
- A 4 year business related degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Highly proficient in computer technology (Word, Excel) and Assistive technology (Zoomtext, familiarity w/ CCTV’s)
- Understand and help articulate the mission of The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial.
- A commitment to upward mobility and willingness for continued education and training.
- Must be team oriented, possess a strong work ethic, have the ability to meet deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
- Completion of a two day contract closeout training (classroom).
- Understanding of Proprietary Government software/systems elemental to work performed:
- Procurement Desktop-Defense (PD2)
- Software Professional Solutions (SPS)
- DAU coursework (online)
- CON 100: Shaping Smart Business Arrangements (Required)
- CON 121: Mission-Support Planning (Required)
- CON 124: Mission-Planning Execution (Required)
- CON 127: Mission-Performance Assessment (Required)
- SPS 101 and 102 (PD2 Specific)
- Blindness awareness training
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male / Female / Persons with Disabilities / VEVRAA
Please send resume to:
Kevin Daniel, Sr. Director of Strategic Recruiting
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244