Contract Close-Out Manager
Click here for a printable version.
Title: Contract Close-Out Manager
Reports To: Director of Communications
Location: DCMA San Diego, California
Hours: Full time M/F
This position implements and manages the start-up operation of the Contract Management Services (CMS) in San Diego, California. This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the CMS team of legally blind employees who prepare government contracts for close-out. Extensive knowledge of the governmental contracting process is required.
- Manage a workforce of legally blind and low vision personnel to ensure contract close out procedures are executed completely and accurately to the highest quality standard and that the completed file is ready for submission to a warranted government contracting officer for close-out.
- Maintain full accountability for the close-out, ensuring that all contract file documents are properly tracked, validated and reconciled, including but not limited to validation of contract file completeness, product and/or service delivery, receipt, and acceptance research and analysis, invoicing and payment research and analysis, de-obligation of excess funds and drafting contract modifications as required.
- Establish departmental procedures metrics and status reports and implement contract close-out standard operating procedures.
- Manage relationship between customer Contracting Officers’ Representatives and contract close-out staff ensuring issues are identified, elevated, and adjudicated in a timely manner
- Ensure regular communication with The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. and National Industries for the Blind, and DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) are established and maintained and reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- BA/BS degree (with 24 business credit hours)
- Ten (10) years progressive experience in government contracting. Previous experience as a warranted GS 1102 government contracting officer or equivalent a strong must.
- Proficiency in use of MOCAS with E-tools update, SPS/ Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2), Federal Procurement Data System-Next Generation (FPDS-NG), My Invoice, and Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF).
- Expertise in using MS Office (Access, Excel, and Word) products.
- Ability to develop solutions and train staff to use software listed above and any other programs or procedures related to government contract close out functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388