Click here for a printable version.
Title: CNC Programmer
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Machine Shop Manager
Hours: Full Time M/F
Provides technical support to ensure manufacturing operations are performed safely and efficiently. Creates CNC programs by interpreting drawings and specifications. Assures adequate lead-times so production schedules are maintained.
- Understand part specifications and drawings to determine the most efficient processes.
- Program NC equipment, including; 4 axis milling and 3 axis milling centers. Using Master Cam and/or Virtual Gibbs.
- Edit and write G-Code programs.
- Using digitizer and measuring equipment create dimensional drawings from full scale templates (PCM’s and tools).
- Design tools and holding fixtures to efficiently process parts utilizing Auto Cad and/or Solid Works software.
- Maintain knowledge of manufacturing processes, capabilities and constraints.
- Provide clear and concise program notes describing require tooling and set-up procedures.
- High School Diploma required.
- Full understanding of manufacturing functions and processes including quality requirements required.
- Four (4) years direct manufacturing experience required.
- Ability to read all aspect of blueprint and correctly interpret to requirements.
- Previous computer experience Autocad and/or Solid Works required.
- Previous computer experience MasterCam and/or Virtual Gibbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Previous experience setting up CNC machinery
- Proven consistency to perform all duties to high level of quality with accuracy and attention to detail required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel/Human Resources
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388