CNC Maintenence Technician
Title: CNC Maintenance Technician
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Plant Manager
Hours: Full Time M/F
Provides general and technical support in the areas of machine tool repair, equipment selection, setup, and troubleshooting to ensure that the Lighthouse for the Blind (LFB) mission and activities can be carried out in a safe, efficient manner. Provides engineering, technical and operational support for the development of production processes/equipment for new products and for the improvement of production processes/equipment for existing products.
- Troubleshoot and repair dedicated purpose built machines for product assembly automation equipment using robotics, mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical control interfaces and/or programs logic controller method/sequence of operation to match criteria for accessibility and safety for employees that are blind, Deaf Blind and/or blind with other disabilities.
- Installs, start-up, troubleshoots and repairs digital and/or analog control systems for new and/or existing equipment and machines.
- Reverse engineer, redesign, machine, fabricate and/or source parts and components as necessary to repair and maintain existing LHB production equipment through OEM’s or recommend direct equivalents.
- As directed, conducts validation testing of new purchased or LHB designed and built machines/equipment including recommending selection and specification of purchased and subcontracted components.
- As directed, researches, evaluates and makes recommendations on equipment, processes and equipment for new products under development.
- Works with engineering, conducts basic feasibility studies for design/build vs. purchase of machines/components, including basic cost analysis and technical analysis
- Trouble shoots and repairs or makes recommendations for repair to correct problem conditions on production machines and equipment including injection mold machines, punch presses,, press brakes, shears, CNC and manual milling machines, routers, saws, custom assembly machines and facility related equipment.
- Leads maintenance crew and utilizes opportunities for training in safety, technical skills and abilities in preventative maintenance, metalworking and general troubleshooting.
- Selects sub-assembly equipment, modifies and/or designs and fabricates components with materials suited for high production environment.
- High School Diploma with college and/or technical course work preferred.
- Journeyman machinist with CNC experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience as a machinist.
- Successful completion of courses in digital and analog control systems for equipment and machines.
- Minimum 2 years work experience with set-up and trouble shooting of digital and analog control systems. Experience with Bridgeport, Okuma, Komo and Milltronics OEM controls a plus.
- CAD/CAM software knowledge and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to design and build mechanical equipment using electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and associated analog and/or digital control systems. Ideal candidate can document significant past accomplishments in this area.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate general and technical information/concepts to others clearly and effectively.
- Excellent general computer skills with working knowledge of commonly used PC software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with internal customers, vendors and people in a variety of different positions at the LHB.
- Proven ability to identify sources of problems related to manufacturing processes.
- Develops effective solutions.
- Proven ability to set-up and/or trouble shoot problems with production machines and equipment.
- Experience with reverse engineering preferred.
Please fill out the following information and upload your resume.
or mail/deliver to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel/Human Resources
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388