click here for a printable version.
Title: CNC Lead
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Plant Manager
Hours: Full Time M/F
Assists production manager in the oversight of personnel who set up and operate the computer numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Directs production personnel in CNC are in scheduling and arranging jobs for most effective workflow.
- Advises and monitors CNC machinists in the entry of commands to retrieve, input or evaluate computerized machine control programming.
- Assists and oversees production set-up personnel, machinists and machine operators in the study of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or template to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Stages materials and specific job kits to proper areas.
- Assists and coordinates set-up and production personnel in the calculation and setting of controls for the CNC machines.
- Oversees the verification of conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
- Researches and assists in the investigation of rejection tags and compiles production reports when necessary.
- Monitors machines and equipment in CNC area for safe and proper operating condition. Arranges for the installation of machines and/or replacement parts and equipment with the Maintenance Department and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with supervisors, engineers, inspectors, programmers and/or machinists and production personnel to resolve production problems.
- Ensures the adherence to production safety and health standards, policies and procedures by monitoring personnel, machinery and work environment. Immediately notifies supervisor and/or Human Resources Director of any safety and health concerns and problems.
- Independently prepares performance review for one or more areas of the shop and assists Production Manager with personnel support, training and workflow issues.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- At least 12 years of experiences setting up various CNC machines
- Strong ability to relay clear, concise instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of machine shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze and edit CNC programming (if applicable).
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- Advanced ability to use precision measuring tools.
- Advanced ability to evaluate the condition of all standard and special cutters, materials and tools.
- Thorough familiarity with all machinery and equipment and their individual parts, in assigned area.
- Independent understanding of work-orders, blueprints, tooling and department workflow.
- Strong ability to work in a Team Oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of workers in a positive and respectful manner.
- Strong knowledge of quality system concepts and procedures.
- Working knowledge of American Sign Language preferred.
- Strong ability to assist and mentor employees with varying degrees of developmental disability and uncommon behavioral patterns.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
Fax: (206) 436-2244
TTY: (206) 324-1388