Title: Channel Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Sr. Director of Communications
Hours: Full Time/M/F, Days
Responsible for promoting and selling manufactured office products, through Federal Programs and Accounts. The Channel Manager will emphasize the development of new strategic customer accounts while servicing an assigned national and regional customer base. Additionally, the Channel Manager will promote The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. mission and will be instrumental in the development of new products to meet customer needs and market demands. He/she is responsible for representing and expanding Lighthouse sales in assigned and potentially new markets. This includes specifically AbilityOne products and all sale and activities related to Lighthouse services and diversified programs.
The Channel Manager will meet or exceed the expectations of his/her assigned customer base by adhering to the goals and objectives of the Lighthouse’s Strategic Plan. Individual Marketing and Sales goals as well as operating budgets will be established and supervised by the Senior Director of Communications, Marketing Manager, and VP of Operations. The Channel Manager will develop and maintain comprehensive marketing for each customer segment. The marketing plans will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis. Adherence to these plans is crucial in obtaining sales goals, achievements, and success.
- Train customers and personnel on Lighthouse programs, products and services.
- Maintain a personal database of quotes, letters, promotions, presentations, etc.
- Provide reports and information as required.
- Prepare and track all prepared customer quotations, contracts and proposals.
- The Channel Manager will submit expense reports and sales activity reports weekly. The weekly activity reports will highlight customer contact activities as well as illustrate trade show participation, competitive activities, and impediments to fulfilling sales objectives and requirements.
- The Channel Manager will develop, maintain and update individual marketing plans for each strategic customer assigned.
- The Channel Manager will utilize the internal database to include all customer contacts and follow up. Sales tracking will be utilized to manage his/her customers to assist in monitoring all sales activities.
- All travel, sales calls, demonstrations, training, tours and promotions will be planned and coordinated on a best return on investment basis.
- Make direct sales calls on assigned customers with no less than 50% to 60% of time dedicated to this important endeavor. Developing customer relationships is the primary key to this position’s success.
- Willing to travel as needed up to 50-75% of the time.
- Able to develop inside sales strategies and programs to meet and increase sales goals of assigned products and channels. Requires sales reporting, sales analysis, sales quoting and prospecting.
- Strong communication skills and product knowledge to manage assigned accounts will be required.
- Will need to maintain continuous customer/account contact to develop long term buying relationships and grow sales.
- Order processing, customer service, and account management needed to meet sales objectives. This includes communication with operations team and marketing team on a daily basis.
- Help manage the marketing samples and collateral to provide accounts and customers with the organizational product offering.
- Coordinate with marketing team to implement marketing pushes and initiatives surrounding products and promotions.
- Weekly activity reports and bi-monthly assigned account sales reports required. Performance measurements related to monthly forecasted sales goals.
- Travel plan maintained in calendar and approved by supervisor.
- Must be able to effectively and strategically work across the organizational departments to meet the overall goals and objects of the organization.
- Monthly meetings with other sales positions, marketing director, operations team, and communications dept.
Trained on professional selling techniques that are based on customer needs analysis and the fulfillment of customer needs.
Candidate must be self-motivated.
Combined experience in both “Inside Sales” and “Account Management”.
Knowledge of the AbilityOne program is extremely helpful, along with experience with the Federal Government Procurement.
Strong computer skills are required to assist with presentations, sales reports/planning, and online internet training.
Portraying a professional image.
Experience using Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) software
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to stand in a trade show environment several hours at a time
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 973-4060
Fax: (206) 436-2244