Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Hours: Full Time, M/F, Days
Purchases raw and finished materials for production, coordinated with Production Planner to assure timely shipments of incoming materials to sustain production, to meet demand and on time shipping to Customers.
- Reviews customer orders, forecasts, inventory position, lead times, and history in order to purchase the correct quantities at the right time working with Production Planner to supply work orders.
- Reviews vendor contracts in regards to quantity tolerances and required documentation. Analyzes production and ship history to determine customer order cycles and derive forecasts. Generates purchasing plan considering customer orders, forecast, and desired safety stock levels, production capacity and supplier capacity. Uses MRP computer system as well as independent systems to help monitor, evaluate, prioritize and plan purchasing. Releases Purchase orders. Tracks open purchase orders for on time shipping.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with suppliers. Requests and reviews quotations. Purchases raw materials. Evaluates supplier’s price, quality and delivery on an ongoing basis. Reports to Management on current vendor issues. Maintains vendor files. Researches to find new potential suppliers. Supports Lighthouse for the Blind (LFB) quality program by working with suppliers to ensure material is of high quality and documentation exists to support requirements. In the case of problems, works with suppliers and all internal parties to resolve them.
- Develops new suppliers, materials or products for introduction. Introduces new ideas and suggestions to improve and maintain purchasing systems. Makes effort to remain aware new technologies, materials, etc. that help to make LFB more competitive and efficient. Monitors costs and quality to improve profits.
- Develops scenarios for phasing out obsolete materials when products are changed or discontinued.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year degree or CPIM certification preferred.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing functions and process flow; minimum five (5) years of experience in purchasing required.
- Knowledge of aerospace blueprint requirements and specifications required.
- Working knowledge of computerized systems with ability to use computer as a tool with proven ability to develop accurate spreadsheets required.
- Must have manufacturing resource planning experience and be able to conceptualize the MRP netting process, bill of materials structure, as well as regular input information required.
- Excellent interpersonal and numerical skills required.
- Analytical and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels as well as outside contacts required.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Kevin Daniel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax: (206) 436-2244
To download an application and for more information about employment at the Lighthouse visit our website: www.seattlelighthouse.org