BSC Temp – Delivery Driver – Fort Lewis, WA
Click here for a printable version.
Title: Temp-Delivery Driver
Reports To: BSC Store Manager
Location: Fort Lewis, Washington
Hours: Up to thirty hours a week
Responsible for performing deliveries to military customers on local bases. Supports customer service, stocking, store maintenance and cashiering functions as needed. Maintains a well-organized and efficient workplace. Ensures that products are delivered accurately to customers as scheduled. As a team member, supports the employment of people who are blind. Assists others in performing their jobs as needed.
- Pulls and packs ordered merchandise, verifies order content matches payment record and stages for delivery. Follows any guidelines, procedures or restrictions based on individual store policy.
- May confirm delivery address and appointment schedule with customer.
- This is a physical job that requires lifting, stooping, pulling, pushing, etc. to gather orders, load vehicle and deliver to the customer. Work is performed in a warehouse environment where temperatures fluctuate with outdoor highs and lows. It is important that personnel use safe lifting techniques and choose proper equipment when moving heavier items.
- Load and unload delivery vehicle using care to prevent door dings, scratches and damage to the interior and exterior. Load must be secured to prevent shifting during transit.
- Record deliveries on daily log and has customer sign receipt and daily log. Responsible for accurate accounting of goods delivered to customer matches receipt. Provides customer copy of invoice/receipt.
- Maintains and files daily delivery logs. Records must be maintained and accessible in compliance with LHB Records Retention Policy.
- Operates material moving equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks, unloading freight carriers and placing merchandise into proper storage areas.
- Inventories, stocks, prices and labels merchandise to comply with BSC procedures.
- Performs janitorial tasks as scheduled.
- Immediately reports any accidents or mishaps that cause even minor damage to products or equipment as well as any breakdowns or concerns that may need repair.
- Operates company owned equipment and vehicles safely, taking care to keep them in good condition. Follows all company policies (i.e. smoking in company owned vehicle/property) as well as any base regulations.
- Keeps company owned vehicles interior and exterior clean.
- Promotes LHB mission by following any policies or guidelines established to create a safe environment and enable accessibility to blind employees.
- Assists with clerical duties and routine office functions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- 1-2 years warehouse or inventory experience required.
- Physical ability to withstand working in a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to lift to 60lbs during the course of a shift.
- Computer experience with ability to use POS system and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of inventory basics with solid math skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Current valid driver’s license required. Must maintain good driving record and have no major violations and remain insurable with LHB. This is a requirement to maintain employment.
- Must be dependable, begin scheduled shift promptly and have reliable transportation to work.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and courteously with management, customers and co-workers, by telephone, written correspondence and in person required.
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills required.
- Prior work experience within a retail store or with military a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160