BSC Sales – Delivery Specialist
Title: Sales/Delivery Specialist
Department: Base Supply Center
Reports To: Store Manager
Location: eExpress Fort Lewis, WA
Hours: Thirty Seven Hours a week, Monday to Friday
Responsible for delivery and superior customer service for orders requiring direct/desktop delivery. Many customers may reside under one roof. Duties are performed in a productive, time sensitive and accurate manner. Support the daily operations of web fulfillment and or store operations to meet the ongoing supply needs of customers. Supports the Lighthouse mission. Performs job duties in compliance with the Lighthouse, military, federal and state guidelines and the AbilityOne Program.
- Must have an effective, strong rapport with customers
- Create goodwill for the store
- Identifies, builds key relationships and customer loyalty
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Product information and customer interactions should be emphasized.
- Address Customer needs, special requirements or complaints in a timely manner.
- Upsell. Engage customers in conversations about requirements and how we can help them.
- Delivery/Transactional Responsibilities
- Next day delivery is expected
- Sort freight, load truck and verify packages against shipping documents.
- Deliver merchandise to customer in a prompt, safe, business-like manner with top priority given to the customer’s needs.
- Delivery of general office products to multiple buildings and customers at select locations as defined or directed by management and customer specific delivery requirements but independent of an established delivery route.
- Obtain POD (proof of Delivery) for each order delivered.
- Responsible for pick-up of returned merchandise.
- Must complete appropriate paperwork, gather signatures, account for receipts
- Processes and/or tracks orders according to store procedures.
- Maintains awareness of products and their intended use.
- Deliver catalogs and assist customers as needed.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections daily. Report any damage or equipment non-working or needing repair. Vehicle and all associated equipment should be maintained in proper working order at all times.
- Responsible for the vehicle and its contents.
- Operate vehicle in a safe, lawful and courteous manner always remembering that people judge our business and personnel by the way the vehicle is handled.
- Non-delivered orders shall be removed from the truck and secured in the building until delivery arrangements can conclude.
- Maintains building security by assuring all exit points are locked or manned during business hours and locks or checks all locked doors at the close of business. Turns open/closed signs. Shuts off automatic doors , coffee pots, equipment, etc.
- Monitors the exterior, walkways and parking lots for cleanliness and appearance.
- Reports any damage to building (interior or exterior), equipment or products immediately.
- When assigned a helper, you are responsible for that employee’s safety and actions.
- Communicates effectively with customers co-workers and management.
- Uses good judgment regarding customer interaction.
- Solicits opportunities for sales and revenue generation
- Keeps management informed regarding delivery performance, staffing/operational issues, customer concerns, etc.
- Submits requests for supplies, equipment, etc., to manager for approval
- Secures merchandise
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area in the store, warehouse and delivery vehicle.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure proper billing practices are adhered to with no merchandise leaving store prior to payment.
- Tireless attention to housekeeping, organization and safety.
- Complies with all LH and store policies and procedures.
- Complies with all motor vehicle regulations.
- Complies with safety requirements.
- Complies with Federal and local legal requirements.
- Complies with base rules and contractual requirements.
- HS diploma
- One (1) to three (3) years as delivery driver, sales work or general warehouse
- Must have a valid WA State driver’s license, with an insurable driving record. A clean driving record must be maintained to continue employment.
- Fork Lift certification
- Previous military a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Should be able to communicate in a pleasant, polite, and professional manner with both customers and employees. This position deals with many different types of people and must have the judgment and skills to use effective tactics for each situation.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication. Clear written, verbal skills with solid English language fluency
- Proficient with basic math, MS Office products and able to use computer to process orders, print labels, shipping documents, and other work related items.
- Maintain Professionalism (Dress, Appearance, Manners)
- As a 1st line to the customer, the Sales/Delivery position, should be a role model to others and an outstanding champion for our company’s reputation.
- Keep your customers happy always. Guide them. Report all complaints – no matter how small.
- Customers must be satisfied. Must patiently listen, listen, listen. Customers should be treated with respect at all times. Take time to talk with customers, new products, how cool something is, etc.
- Excellent analytical, common sense and sound decision making
- Ability to network with customers, suppliers and peers.
- Strong administrative and managerial skills and abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male / Female / Persons with Disabilities / VEVRAA
Please send resume to:
Kevin Daniel, Sr. Director of Strategic Recruiting
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244