BSC Sales-Delivery Specialist NAWS China Lake
Title: Sales/Delivery Specialist
Department: Base Supply Center
Reports To: Store Manager
Location: NAWS China Lake
Hours: Thirty to Forty hours a week, Monday to Friday
Responsible for delivery and superior customer service for orders requiring direct/desktop delivery. Many customers may reside under one roof. Duties are performed in a productive, time sensitive and accurate manner. Support the daily operations of web fulfillment and or store operations to meet the ongoing supply needs of customers. Responsible for acquiring new accounts within a specific territory. Time allocation 50% delivery, 40% customer prospecting (selling), 10% administration.
- Must have an effective, strong rapport with customers
- Create goodwill for the store
- Identifies, builds key relationships and customer loyalty
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Product information and customer interactions should be emphasized.
- Address Customer needs, special requirements or complaints in a timely manner.
- Upsell. Engage customers in conversations about requirements and how we can help them.
- Present proposals to acquire new accounts.
- Next day delivery is expected
- Sort freight, load truck and verify packages against shipping documents.
- Deliver merchandise to customer in a prompt, safe, business-like manner with top priority given to the customer’s needs.
- Delivery of general office products to multiple buildings and customers at select locations as defined or directed by management and customer specific delivery requirements but independent of an established delivery route.
- Obtain POD (proof of Delivery) for each order delivered. Must assure name is printed and legible.
- Responsible for pick-up of returned merchandise.
- Must complete appropriate paperwork, gather signatures, account for receipts
- Processes and/or tracks orders according to store procedures.
- Maintains awareness of products and their intended use.
- Deliver catalogs and assist customers as needed.
- When at customer’s workplace, look around. Look for competitor’s brands, Look for ways to offer more value to the customer. Offer to make their jobs easier!
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections daily. Report any damage or equipment non-working or needing repair. Vehicle and all associated equipment should be maintained in proper working order at all times.
- Responsible for the vehicle and its contents.
- Operate vehicle in a safe, lawful and courteous manner always remembering that people judge our business and personnel by the way the vehicle is handled.
- Non-delivered orders shall be removed from the truck and secured in the building until delivery arrangements can conclude.
- Maintains building security by assuring all exit points are locked or manned during business hours and may lock or check all locked doors at the close of business.
- When assigned a helper, you are responsible for that employee’s safety and actions.
- Communicates effectively with customer’s co-workers and management.
- Uses good judgment regarding customer interaction.
- Solicits opportunities for sales and revenue generation
- Keeps management informed regarding delivery performance, staffing/operational issues, customer concerns, etc.
- Submits requests for supplies, equipment, etc., to manager for approval
- Secures merchandise
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area in the store, warehouse and delivery vehicle.
- Engages in base/installation community to gain insight and information regarding upcoming events that may impact our customers or business/sales.
- Ensure proper billing practices are adhered to with no merchandise leaving store/warehouse prior to payment.
- Tireless attention to housekeeping, organization and safety.
- Complies with all LH and store policies and procedures.
- Complies with all motor vehicle regulations.
- Complies with safety requirements.
- Complies with Federal and local legal requirements.
- Complies with base rules and contractual requirements.
- One (1) to three (3) years as delivery driver, sales work or general warehouse
- Must have a valid WA State driver’s license, with an insurable driving record. A clean driving record must be maintained to continue employment.
- Fork Lift certification
- Previous military a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate in a pleasant, polite, and professional manner with both customers and employees. This position deals with many different types of people and must have the judgment and skills to use effective tactics for each situation.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication. Clear written, verbal skills with solid English language fluency
- Proficient with basic math, MS Office products and able to use computer to process orders, print labels, shipping documents, and other work related items.
- Maintain Professionalism (Dress, Appearance, Manners)
- As a 1st line to the customer, the Sales/Delivery position, should be a role model to others and an outstanding champion for our company’s reputation.
- Keep your customers happy always. Guide them. Report all complaints – no matter how small.
- Customers must be satisfied. Must patiently listen, listen, listen. Customers should be treated with respect at all times. Take time to talk with customers, new products, how cool something is, etc.
- Excellent analytical, common sense and sound decision making
- Ability to network with customers, suppliers and peers.
- Strong administrative, managerial skills and abilities.
- Must lift heavy items (50-70lbs through-out shift).
- Must lift using safe lifting techniques to avoid injuries
- Physical conditions to stand, stoop, pull push and lift most of shift, work on cement floors, irregular temperatures.
- Heavy contact with cardboard.
- Commitment to LH mission.
- Desire to participate/engage in community – volunteer work, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street