BSC Clerk – Fallon, NV
Click here to view a printable version.
Department: Base Supply Centers
Reports To: Fallon Store Manager
Location: NAS Fallon, Nevada
Hours: Thirty to thirty-five hour per week
This position is responsible for processing customer’s orders, stocking and cleaning store shelves and maintaining the store in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Scan customer’s purchases; record and verify quantities of items purchased.
- Process payment for authorization, providing customer receipts or invoices totaling payment amount.
- Maintain transaction records and register reconciliation documentation.
- Utilize POS system to sell merchandise, check stock and verify prices or address other inquiries.
- Inventory, face and re-stock merchandise on a regular basis.
- Assist store manager or other personnel in the receiving, opening and unpacking of cartons or crates of merchandise as needed.
- Replace or update shelf tags as needed.
- Set up and display merchandise on shelves, counters or tables following “standard” company plan-o-gram style.
- Clean display cases, shelves and aisles.
- Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons and assist in loading merchandise into customer vehicle as required.
- Perform clerical duties and routine office functions as required.
- Break down unusable cartons for recycling.
- Assist customers with locating items, product information or special order processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proven ability to operate computerized cash registers and related office equipment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Basic math skills and ability to calculate numbers in an accurate and thorough manner.
- General knowledge of office equipment and machines including calculators, Xerox copiers and FAX machines.
- Must be able to unpack master cartons to stock shelves. Requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds and handle large bulky boxes.
- Proven ability to deal pleasantly and courteously with management, customers and co-workers by telephone, written correspondence or in person.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Must follow all base regulations and maintain admittance to military installations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Attn.: Don Helsel
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Telephone: (206) 436-2160
TTY: (206) 324-1388