Aerospace Quality Technician
Title: Aerospace Quality Technician
Dept.: Quality Assurance
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Aerospace Quality Technician will perform various inspections determining the acceptability of manufactured parts to ensure a quality product.
- Inspects and determines acceptability of Government, Military and Aerospace products, other parts and sub-assemblies as required
- Performs receiving, first part, in-process, first article and final inspection as required
- Accurately and efficiently performs FAI’s per AS9102 using conventional forms or software such as Discus, InspectionXpart, or NetInspect
- Understands customer requirements and assures compliance to standards
- Audits procedures for adherence to standards
- Provides leadership and training in quality improvement and manufacturing processes
- Maintains required documentation to assure process control
- Assists Set-Up Specialists and others in corrective action on non-conforming parts or process controls to assure conformance on future jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Practical experience in GD&T and inspection tolls such as height gages, micrometers, calipers, bore gages, and surface plate layouts and inspection
- Experience in performing FAI per AS9102 standards
- High school degree or better with shop math required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years inspection experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of inspection devices and tools required.
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and teamwork; ability to work according to timelines and customer specifications required
- Experience in total quality/team-oriented manufacturing environment and ability to support working relationships between inspection and manufacturing departments required.
- Advanced inspection (college level) preferred
- Aerospace component inspection of machine parts experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female, Persons with Disabilities, VEVRAA
Please send resume to:
Kevin Daniel, Sr. Director of Strategic Recruiting
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
2501 S. Plum Street
Seattle, Washington 98144
Fax number: 206.436.2244